Friday, May 17, 2013

A Fish Out of Water

Culture is a part of growing up. We become accustomed to society, and the way those around us live. But what happens when we are pulled out of our own culture? Our culture is like water is to a fish. We don't realize what we are living in until we are pulled out of it, or there is some dramatic change to our culture.  One culture that is very individualized is the family we grew up in. Each family has their quirks, and things that set them apart from others. Man, I sure love my family! As I thought about my family's culture, I realized a few things that I have carried on, even though I am living away from my family:

  •  Religious beliefs.
  • My Dad's sarcasm and corny jokes.
  • My brother's use of pick up lines.
  • My Mom's work ethic.
  • My brother's love of cooking. 
Think about your own family. How have they influenced you? How would you be different without their culture?



No comments:

Post a Comment