Thursday, July 11, 2013

Working as a Family

What is the point of work? Why can't we just get everything we need for free?

Work means earning what you have. It causes you to treasure what it is you have worked for. Think of when you were a child, and your parents provided everything for you. Then, as you got older, your probably started to pay for some of your own items - whether it was clothes, food, or housing. How did you treat these items differently? I know that for me personally, I treasure things so much more when I have worked for it. When it is something I bought with my own money, I am much more careful about I use the item, and I  tend to be a lot more grateful. Work brings happiness and satisfaction.

Work used to be called 'living'. Now, people seek out the highest paying jobs requiring the least amount of work. We have become lazy.

What would happen if we worked only for necessity, rather than working to become as rich as possible?

It would allow us more time to spend with our families, and we just might find that we are better able to enjoy the work we do.

Teach children the value of work by working as a family, and show them what blessings and benefits come from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment